Monday, February 15, 2010


Winter is rough on my mental health and this particular February is proving especially challenging. We've had three snowstorms in the past two weeks and more snow days than I can even remember to count. Come on, spring!

Dominic turned six on the 10th of this month. We offered him the option of having a "friend party" or just going as a family to an indoor water park about 30 miles from here. He picked the water park, which was a big relief to an OCD mama who doesn't want the snowy, muddy shoes of god-only-knows-how-many kindergarteners all over my carpet. (I am so shallow. Really.) We couldn't go ON his actual birthday... anyone want to take a guess why?! We ended up going yesterday instead. Fun, fun, FUN. Let me tell you, if you closed your eyes in that lovely heated water park and tuned out all the screaming kids, you could almost FEEL summer. It gave me hope. Winter doesn't last forever. Well, unless you live in the tundra, I suppose. Thankfully, in Ohio we have beautiful springs and summers, we just have to make it to them. So, I am hanging on!

No comments: