Saturday, September 29, 2007

I think we're onto something here...

The last 4 nights we have "topped off" Adrian with a bottle of pumped breast milk after his bedtime nursing. He is a whole new baby. He sucks down 3-4 ounces (5 last night!), gets all droopy and tired, lays down in his bassinet, and goes to sleep! Now, this is a good thing because we have gotten 5, 4, 6.5, and 7 (!!!) hours of sleep straight each night respectively, but a bad thing because it appears that my milk supply truly isn't adequate for him. This stresses me out! Dominic nursed for 26 months with NO problems, so nursing "issues" are uncharted territory for me. Several nurses and my doctor have all commented that because I lost so much blood with my abruption and delivery and because I am so anemic now, my body is prioritizing by making blood first and milk second.

Ok, now that I have bored you all stiff with my milk drama... :)

We are headed to North Carolina on Tuesday. I am beginning to wonder when and how I ever thought it was a good idea to fly alone with a 3 year old and a 6 week old. Hopefully we get there all in one peice and with most of my sanity intact!

No comments: